View Single Post
Old
08-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Not ageist. Just stating the reality of where Arco has been in career relative to where his incumbent was. Also, just stating this in response to a thread where people (several) anoint, and describe Arco as better player than Gagner in every way which is pure nonsense. As I've responded throughout the burden of proof falls on those making such claims to substantiate, or back off from them.

Fact of the matter is we're worse at Center this year and our 2nd line production will almost certainly drop. I don't know either that Arco is the defensive forward wizard that people are making him out to be. I saw very little indication of that tbh.

If somebody said last season a draft pick, Arco, and Lander were going to be in the mix among our starting centers for this season first thing to do would be vomit, second would be thinking the club has switched rebuild reset button already and are trying to start over again..
I've noticed something here Replacement. I'm sure a few other members here have as well. It seems that whenever some poster or thread takes exception to one of your favorite players, and says a different player is better than said Replacement favorite, you go waaaaay out of your way to absolutely trash that player.

This Gagner/Arco one is not the first. I happen to disagree as well with posters claiming Arco is as good, if not better, than Gags is. But bashing the player that was compared, IMO, is disrespectful to the work and time that player has put into trying to become an NHLer.

Perhaps it is time to look at the good things the player does than basing your argument seemingly on a Gagner comparable that you do not agree with.

Last edited by Dorian2: 08-02-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote