View Single Post
Old
08-02-2014, 03:33 PM
McCupofOil
Save Us McJesus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up the Irons View Post
you are right. the only thing 'proven' is that Gagner is pretty much useless at a 2C at the NHL level.

again, a useless career NHL starting centre.

bottom line is Gagner had 7 years to prove he was a 2C and all he did was prove he isn't. The only way Gagner works as a 2C is if the wingers are allstars, but you could say that about anyone, including me. in one measely month Arco did enough to convince MacT that he was a better option at C than Gagner. that's all there is too it.

Arco as a 2C = probably not good enough

however, Arco as a 2C > Gagner as a 2C.
Gagner had scored 40+ points every season of his career and had 38 in 48 games the other year.
Arco had a nice 10 game stretch.

Neither are legit #2C's but at least one has proven to be able to score on a top 6 level while the other has been an AHLer his entire career.

The point is that neither is an answer but at least one has shown that he can score consistently at the NHL level.
Arco might turn out to be a better option than Gagner was but it's not based on anything that he has proven.

Ugh, I actually feel dirty for having to defend Gagner since I have been hoping for him to be dealt for years now but lets be realistic here. One is a proven NHLer while the other is a big maybe.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote