Thread: Prospect Info: "All Things AHL" Part II...
View Single Post
08-04-2014, 02:29 AM
Schwartz Be With You
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by simon in canada View Post
Just out of curiosity, what are the waiver eligibility statuses of Leopold and Cole respectively? Of course, my original question begs two others...1) Is the window of being able to put Cole in the AHL safely, (i.e. without subjecting him to waivers), finished? 2) Could we send Leopold to the AHL and hope someone picks up him and his contract on the way down?
1. Cole would have to pass through waivers if he was assigned to the AHL. I don't see any reason why they'd do that though. Even if we're operating under the assumption that he's somehow the 7th Dman, he'd stay in St. Louis like he did last year.

2. Due to Leo's no trade clause, he has the ability to refuse an assignment to the AHL. Basically, he would have to consent to go to the AHL, which I doubt he would, but I guess anything's possible. I doubt the Blues would do that though because they're paying him 2.25M regardless and he's not SO bad that he can't be the team's 7th Dman. He's not nearly as bad as some people would lead you to believe. Certainly not worth the money he's making, but he's an NHL dman.