Thread: Prospect Info: "All Things AHL" Part II...
View Single Post
Old
08-04-2014, 03:06 AM
simon in canada

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
1. Cole would have to pass through waivers if he was assigned to the AHL. I don't see any reason why they'd do that though. Even if we're operating under the assumption that he's somehow the 7th Dman, he'd stay in St. Louis like he did last year.

2. Due to Leo's no trade clause, he has the ability to refuse an assignment to the AHL. Basically, he would have to consent to go to the AHL, which I doubt he would, but I guess anything's possible. I doubt the Blues would do that though because they're paying him 2.25M regardless and he's not SO bad that he can't be the team's 7th Dman. He's not nearly as bad as some people would lead you to believe. Certainly not worth the money he's making, but he's an NHL dman.
Thank you for the info, much appreciated! I'm surmising, based on what you have told me, Leo and Cole will be our #6 and 7 D, (switch them at will) and Butler will be sent to the AHL, and according to some, might be lost on waivers on the way down. Oh well. Still nice to have that depth.