Thread: Prospect Info: "All Things AHL" Part II...
View Single Post
Old
08-05-2014, 10:06 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
We aren't going to be trading Leopold. He's still much better than Butler or Prosser and we know our management emphasizes transition, which in the right role, Leopold still provides. We have plenty of money for Schwartz, 3.4 million and any additional cap space is just wasted money. You don't need room for injuries and call ups because the cap for the most part only takes into account the active roster. Any deadline acquisition would obviously have salary going the other way at the time of the deal or in a separate deal at the same time.
I agree that Leopold is probably better, but I'm not certain that's still true. He's diminishing fast, but my guess is he's still the best option (ignoring salary) of the three.

It would be unwise for the team to be tight against the Cap. The team will want to have an extended roster for the playoffs. Those additional players will need to fit under the Cap. Also, they really don't need to be incurring overage penalties again (like the 700K this season) from player bonuses. Being tight against the cap ceiling also increases the likelihood that happens.