Thread: Speculation: Oilers hire Tyler Dellow
View Single Post
Old
08-05-2014, 12:27 PM
ThatGuy22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
You can grasp the concept that the number of Corsi events that would be classified as impossible to result in a goal is completely ignored yet highly significant, no?

Saying the LA Kings were able to be predicted to the win the cup based on Corsi% and saying that GF% doesn't matter due to "sample size" is pure folly and completely manipulation of circumstance.

GF% corralated more with regular season results that Corsi did, period. No end run or goalpost moving changes that fact one bit.
Second Bolded-
Who's moving the goalposts. I'd be willing to bet that is a true statement for every season in the history of the NHL.

What GF% does not tell you, is who is likely to make the playoffs next year, unless you look at the underling numbers that resulted in the GF%.

First Bolded-
Those concepts have not ignored, they have been studied and over the long run have shown to be insignificant. Just because you haven't seen something or searched for it, does not mean it does not exist.

I honestly feel like I'm talking to myself from 3 years ago, until I stopped making the straw man arguments and actually read and attempted to understand people like Dellow's research and results.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote