View Single Post
Old
02-19-2004, 07:34 AM
crossxcheck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
In the paper this morning it said the Sharks had the #1 PK in the league (I donít know how right that was but thatís what it said).

When the Islanders came in here they had the #1 PK and we scored 2 on them. Now we score 5 on the Sharks #1 PK!!!

This was one of the best games all year! I had lots of fun for sure.

Records set tonight:
-Sullivan most points in a Predator debut - 4 (3G, 1A)
-Sullivan first Predator to score 3 PP goals in one game
-Zidlicky most assists by a Predator in a game (tied Gretzky for points in a game) - 5
-19 home wins for the first time ever
-Most PP goals in a game for the Preds - 5
-New record for Vokoun for wins - 25
...and some more I forget but are in another thread.

BLS- Sullivanís goals came on PP and we allowed a shorty so he got a -1 if he was out there for that.
Most goals scored at home by preds - 7
Career high points in a game for Scott Walker - 4
Tied team record for most goals in a game - 7
Sullivan is the first player to net a hat trick in his debut since 1993

That first breakaway sully and walks had should have been a goal. maybe I saw it wrong, but it looked like walker should have shot instead of passing back to sully. but, heck, it was their first game together. What I liked most about sully was his HUSTLE. He never gives up and it seems like he is always finding a way to create scoring chances. he was a killer from the goal line. geez. The "SULLY!" chants were unbelievable tonite. I also noticed that sully really seemed to enjoy playing as a pred. Him and walker on the same line is going to create some good things, I think. My friend was sitting in front of leipold and he said when sully soored the hat trick he went apes$%t and threw his stat sheets everywhere.

As good as sully did, what about zidlicky. He tied the GEC record in points set by the great one. He set a preds record for assists and points. Way to go, z-man!!!!!!

Go to nhl.com and look at last nights 3 stars nhl-wide. #1 is sully and #2 is z-man.

Vokoun looked like his old self is starting to slowly peak through. That first wraparound he allowed...he really got caught slipping there. The second shorthanded goal (with a nice assist by timonen)...why did TV come so far out of the crease? I could understand if it was 1-on-1.

We need to work on defense a little bit, but the offensive seems to really be going right now.

As for sharks fans whining about the reffing. Welcome to our world and welcome to the NHL. NHL reffing is horrible and I guarantee you the refs have "handed" the sharks several games this season. (not to suggest we got this game handed to us, because we simply did not). I wouldn't take anything away from the nice work by timonen, zidlicky, walker, and sullivan.

Last edited by crossxcheck: 02-19-2004 at 08:15 AM.