View Single Post
Old
08-13-2014, 01:50 AM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinBomb View Post
Does that make any sense? Like he had zero flash to his game, but would just grind it out. You don't really notice him either way, but he would be a plus player and on the score sheet at the end of the game.
Yeah that's fair. That's how I feel about him as well. He's a guy that can wear a bunch of different hats and that's how he will provide value to a team. He's a safe player. Probably what made him appealing to Team Canada, even though he didn't make much of an impact during the tournament. Low ceiling-high floor kind of guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
So... pretty much Matt Read. At the end of the season you look back at the stats and see Matt Read has 20 goals. And you don't remember a single one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R S View Post
3rd line ceiling. I think at the NHL level he`s more of a grinder than a scorer. A Read-type of player isn`t a great comparison IMO.
Agreed. Read is a better goal scorer and skater. 20+ goal scorer while playing more of a defensive role without much PP time. I don't see Leier getting near 20 goals/season. Probably not a PP guy either.

Last edited by FLYguy3911: 08-13-2014 at 01:57 AM.
FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote