View Single Post
Old
02-19-2004, 11:10 AM
VaFlyer

vCash: 500
I have said it and argued all along that Jokinen is one guy I would be willing to move some youth for. He is "young" himself at only 25 and has already established himself in the league. He also is a guy who knows how to play under a task master, much like Hitch, because his game rounded out while playing under Keenan. Up until that time he was considered much of a bust.

It is sort of funny when you think of it this way. You think Clarke is bad, how about Milbury??

24-Jun-00: New York Islanders traded Olli Jokien and Roberto Luongo to the Florida Panthers for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha.

How bad of a trade was that?? Okay, anyway. I think I would be willing to move maybe Richards and another prospect or pick. I am even more likely to do it if Roenick is retiring.

At that point we would still have a roster spot for 1 center for Carter, the year after next.

2004/2005
Jokinen
Handzus (only 26 right now)
Primeau
Sharp

2005/2006
Jokinen
Handzus
Carter
Primeau

Still look pretty solid down the middle. Richards could move to wing as could Sharp, if we decide not to move him, but I wouldn't mind finding Roenick's replacement moving some youth in an area that we would immediately replace.