View Single Post
Old
08-13-2014, 11:46 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Sportsnet is ****ing garbage. The worst thing to happen to sports in this country is their 12 year contract with the NHL. Sportsnet doesn't know their ass from their elbow. I don't know if it's possible to run a network and website worse than they do.
Yeah its pretty sad. Tough to imagine enduring 12 years of their sub par coverage (TV and Web). Hopefully they manage to improve close to TSN standards sometime during their seemingly eternal contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboomercat90 View Post
I went looking for the semi finals yesterday and noticed they weren't televised on any of the Sportsnet channels. I eventually found them on CBC. Even though I watched most of this tournament I don't remember seeing or hearing anywhere that the semi finals and finals would be shown on CBC. I've hated Sportsnet for years, not so much because of their commentators, those guys are interchangeable for me anyway. What I can't stand is they get so much product that they can't show it all properly. I don't how many times I've been annoyed that I've had to watch a Flames game on Sportnet West or a REPLAY of a Premiership game on Sportsnet One while every other regional channel was showing the Raptors game I wanted to see. I also remember a few years back when Sportsnet West was showing Yankee games everyday while the other regional networks had the Jays game. I sent several emails complaining about programming and not once did they be bother to respond to me.
Thats Sportsnet. They seem to operate in their own little self congratulatory fantasy bubble. Thats the only thing that explains how they can be so out of touch with how low their standards are IMO.

Maybe they are beloved by people who enjoy hockey fluff.

Quote:
I think them having hockey is going to suck for the average fan. They still have the rights to many other events and considering the piss poor way they've covered events in the past when they've had scheduling conflicts I can see it getting much worse. I'm sure their plan is just to partner up with as many other networks as possible to ensure these events get televised but unless you already have these channels it's going to cost a fortune. I already have a $200 a month cable bill and don't plan on adding any more to it. I don't need any extra hockey, I'm satisfied with watching the Oilers 82 games a year and maybe an extra game or two per week from another team if I have time. What I'd hate though is to lose access to other sports because of this hockey.
Agree wholeheartedly.
The amazing thing to me is that some people are actually happy about this deal. I have to say that completely eludes me.

There is NO upside to this IMO.

Getting back to tennis. Genie seems to have fallen to earth with a resounding thud.
Lost in the early rounds in Cincinnati. Too much too fast for Genie.

I expect she will be back in the 15-20 range before 2014 is out.

Meanwhile Milos is cruising along...easily advancing to the 3rd round in Cincinnati. His game is looking much more consistent.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote