View Single Post
Old
08-14-2014, 03:15 PM
Nihilist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Its standard practice for a network to conclude a game before airing the next game. Sportsnet does this all the time as well.

As for Pierre McGuire...I never claimed to like all of the on air personalities. I dont think there is a network in existence where that is possible. That said TSN's commentating routinely takes Sportsnet to the woodshed.

Sportsnets top guns are the like s of Kyprios, Shannon, Spector and Cox. Then they follow it up with hockey fluff like nice guy Gene Principe.

Garbage commentating from top to bottom IMO.

At least TSN overall delivers some critical thinking and quality commentating as well as an overall package that makes Sportsnet look like NAIT alumni hour.

Sportsnet has a long ways to go before they can deliver a quality hockey package.
Meh, I'm either watching the game with friends, or at a bar, or whatever, so I don't really listen to them all that much anyway. I'll agree that overall, TSN employs better hockey personalities, but as far as their broadcast goes, I've never been impressed by them that much. Sportsnet always makes the beginning of the game available on one of their other channels some how - TSN, not so much.

I mostly mute out the color guys anyway.

Nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote