View Single Post
Old
04-12-2007, 09:13 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
How was Timonen? I've heard a few people say that he looked terrible. If that is true, I really think this will be his last year with the Preds. For one reason or another, he's just not been all that strong in the last quarter of the season and the playoffs historically. I don't know if he wears down or what, but the Preds are at the point where they probably won't be shelling out $4million for a guy with a bad playoff track record.
Kimmo was fair.

He seems to be a step, or two, slower than everyone on the ice- particulary when chasing the puck into our zone, or trying to clear the puck from deep in our zone.

The offensive abilities are still there (with the exception of keeping attempted clears in the offensive zone- never been good with that). The defensive positioning and smarts are still there. The speed, while never too impressive, has slowed even further.

Kimmo is a steady, and heady, defenseman. Something a team of very young blueliners really need. I certainly believe he has been very good for Weber. Can we find a similar person cheaper? Probably. Is the money saved worth losing one of the leaders of the team that knows the system in and out. Maybe, especially if that system will change anyway- or maybe not.

David

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote