Thread: Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Draisaitl to ELC
View Single Post
Old
08-15-2014, 03:32 AM
Gambl0r83

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledUp View Post
If the Oilers were in the WHL I'd realize that this is a junior team and that means once a player can play in the pro leagues they will leave. They should leave.

I actually don't get my pants in a twist over a player leaving the Oilers to look for work elsewhere even as an NHL team. They're not slaves. If Leon suddenly felt he'd rather spend the rest of his career in the Swiss League I wouldn't be happy because it likely makes our team worse but I certainly wouldn't call him a traitor. It's his choice.

I'll just let that europe comment slide.
Agreed, it is ultimately his choice as he would know what's best for himself, but he will be playing in North American Ice for the rest of his career. He's a young lad, and this is the prime time to develop a player's habits, his Junior Team has already started developing those good habits for him, thus his massive pt production increase.
He's going to be playing with A rated players on a small rink with a lot of physicality, a lot. He goes to Europe, he's playing with B/C rated players on an international rink with little physical play compared to the NHL or AHL. This is why I say this would stunt his growth. It's like a chess connoisseur that's been working his way to play with the best, but goes back to his high school chess club to develop. Derp

Last edited by Gambl0r83: 08-15-2014 at 03:38 AM.
Gambl0r83 is offline   Reply With Quote