View Single Post
Old
08-15-2014, 08:22 AM
Jek McPorkins
Red Six

vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambl0r83 View Post
Agreed, it is ultimately his choice as he would know what's best for himself, but he will be playing in North American Ice for the rest of his career. He's a young lad, and this is the prime time to develop a player's habits, his Junior Team has already started developing those good habits for him, thus his massive pt production increase.
He's going to be playing with A rated players on a small rink with a lot of physicality, a lot. He goes to Europe, he's playing with B/C rated players on an international rink with little physical play compared to the NHL or AHL. This is why I say this would stunt his growth. It's like a chess connoisseur that's been working his way to play with the best, but goes back to his high school chess club to develop. Derp
Developed those habits FOR him? Christ, give the guy SOME credit.

And I'd rather he play with/against higher skilled players of whatever age, than be saddled playing with/against teams half-full of players that will never make it to KHL/SEL/AHL level hockey. Carrying a team full of dead weight does NOT automatically develop him as a player, after he has done it all the year before.

The main reason why most early first-rounders go back to their junior team is that they're not physically or mentally mature enough to handle the pro game. Not that they can learn that much more in 3 years than they can in 2. Ergo, P.A. can raise #29 to the rafters.

I hope you didn't chase his truck as he drove out of P.A. for the last time.

Jek McPorkins is offline   Reply With Quote