View Single Post
Old
08-16-2014, 12:16 AM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
People peg Gordon as a 4th liber because of his lack of offensive production--many expect 3rd liners to put 30+ points. IMO, Gordon has defensive and face-off ability of a checking line centre--i.e. someone who can play against top competition and not get slaughtered. 4th line centre to me is someone who can provide energy in limited (softer) minutes and PK ability. But you would not normally ice such players against other teams' top offensive players. Lander is a 4th line centre.
He seemed to post points at the beginning of the year when his linemates werent constantly gazdic and eager and joe schmoez.
And i agree about the 4th lines... When you think of ice time... Our top three lines should be eating almost the entire 60. Its nice to have two checking lines but alot of teams dont have that until they bulk at the deadline. Pooo gordon and purcell can be a pretty solid threat.

And i forget...lots of hfoil think smids a top pair d and he cant toe drag. So my statement of no love for non toe draggers is off

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote