View Single Post
Old
08-16-2014, 01:51 AM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Even knowledgable hockey fans outside Edmonton would say Gordon is a proper 3rd line Centre who can support his wingers. Its some weird homer attitude that has him below where his talents should have him. Extremely bad for the club to waste such an asset.
Most fans of other teams would say Gordon is a perfect 3rd line Centre. I know lots of flames and nucks fans that would love Gordon as their third C. It doesnt matter if we go with 3 scoring lines...someone needs to support those wingers and the dmen...get loose pucks and help the transition and gap control. I also think if purcell and poopoo are on the same line...its a no brainer to put Gordon with them and then its a perfect third line that could be your key scoring pressure line on any given night.
Its funny how people truly dont acknowledge a guys skill in this town if he cant toe drag.
Wasting Gordon by using him in the role he's best at? MacT has said repeatedly he wants three scoring lines, Gordon can't play that role, and one heavy dzone line, a role he's perfect for. They want to use Gordon like the Canucks used Maholtra when they were elite. He's going to get a lot of spot duty and heavy PK minutes to go with solid EV strength minutes on his regular line. I'd expect he plays the second or third most at even strength of all our centers when you add it up.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote