View Single Post
Old
08-16-2014, 05:35 PM
488fitter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboomercat90 View Post
Not everybody needs to be buddies off the ice, that's true. What we did see at times last year that was pretty disturbing was players ignoring Yakupov on the ice and at times seemingly refusing to pass to him. There were also instances where Yakupov scored and players didn't look happy about it. It was strange to see and sparked conversations in the post game threads. For whatever reason this team looked very dysfunctional on the ice for very long stretches last year. It's because of that people wonder if there's some kind of rift involving players in the room. This team has had rumors of this kind of behavior for years. We aren't in there so nobody knows for sure but as long as the team plays like that the speculation will remain.
I'm rooting for Yak like everyone else, but it was extremely frustrating to watch him fail time and time again at trying to skate through an entire team when a simple pass was available. I'm sure he's been told many times by coaches and teammates at this level to utilize his linemates more often instead of trying to do it all on his own. If he continues to not listen, I see only one other option to teach him a lesson. Don't pass him the puck. As a competitive guy, and one that likes to be engaged in whatever sport I'm playing, if a teammate is an extreme puck/ball hog, you better believe I'm less inclined and more hesitant to pass him the puck/ball. I have no issues with tough love if there's a lesson to be learned.

488fitter is offline   Reply With Quote