View Single Post
Old
08-16-2014, 07:04 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 488fitter View Post
I'm rooting for Yak like everyone else, but it was extremely frustrating to watch him fail time and time again at trying to skate through an entire team when a simple pass was available. I'm sure he's been told many times by coaches and teammates at this level to utilize his linemates more often instead of trying to do it all on his own. If he continues to not listen, I see only one other option to teach him a lesson. Don't pass him the puck. As a competitive guy, and one that likes to be engaged in whatever sport I'm playing, if a teammate is an extreme puck/ball hog, you better believe I'm less inclined and more hesitant to pass him the puck/ball. I have no issues with tough love if there's a lesson to be learned.
He wasn't trying to do it all alone, he would constantly be left without passing options because most of the forwards on the team would leave the zone before possession of the puck was even close to being acquired. The Oiler's struggled all year with their inability and unwillingness to play a supportive team game, a game that essentially forced every player to try to carry the puck or make low percentage long range passes.

Nor was Yakupov even close to being one of the worst offenders on the team when it came to puck hogging and making too many moves.

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote