View Single Post
Old
04-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingle View Post
True, but Forsberg doesn't kill penalties either we didn't have too many PP ourselves in the first period. Radulov just didn't get on the ice very much in the first period. Most of San Jose's PP time came in the second period.

Again, I don't think it's a big deal. Just pointing out an oddity. I think Trotzy just wanted to ease him into his first playoff game. He probably wishes he'd played him earlier. I imagine the leash will be lifted on Friday.

David
You're right that Forsberg doesn't kill penalties, however he does come out immediately following the end of a penalty with Kariya and Erat on his wings. Therefore, since I think there was some concern about easing Radulov into the playoffs and a desire to keep him with Forsberg at all times, the penalties did play a big role in why his ice time was so limited in the first period.

Penalties kill flow. They make your PK'ers work extra hard and have your best players that don't kill penalties on the bench watching the action instead of creating the action. Penalties just plain old blow the big one.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote