View Single Post
Old
08-18-2014, 04:13 PM
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel

vCash: 50
I wouldn't mind Biznasty... seems like a great character guy and he keeps his head above water on the ice unlike some mid-weight enforcers.

Saying that I'd much rather add Penner or Setoguchi who are much more useful higher up the lineup.

I doubt we see any addition to the roster by MacT though before camp... he has his 23 man group pencilled in and the only "surprise" at training camp will likely be if Nurse plays so well that they simply can't send him down.

I think Klefbom likely starts in the AHL and will be the 1st injury call up on the backend.

The forward group of players are probably pretty set in stone at this point. I could see Yakimov possibly coming up later in the season after he gets his feet wet in the AHL... but I think a full season there is the prudent path for him.

With Gazdic likely on IR for the start of the year... I wonder if the Oilers will simply roll with 13 F 7 D and 2 G for a 22 man roster... or will they add an extra body to bring it up to 23?

My guess is they give Nurse his 9 game look and by that time they'll either keep him up because he looks solid... or send him back to junior and Gazdic probably comes off the IR around then.