View Single Post
Old
04-13-2007, 01:45 AM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
The scale of this vote is skewed based on whatever hope you had when he came in. If you expected Foppa - the best skater and toughest playoff player in the NHL from 4-5 year ago, sure you're disappointed. If you thought he would never get his skates laced tight again, you are thrilled. So the vote is rather meaningless in terms of the final result.

That being said I've watched him a lot in the Pacific Division over the years. He isn't the same player as he was. He can't skate like he did before. But he still has great hands, still is nasty in the playoffs from what I've seen in one game, makes people around him better, and hasn't stopped agitating and hitting. You can debate whether the trade was for fair value, but forgetting that, if you look at what you have, Forsberg still is one of the top 6-7 players on the ice right now between the two teams. Radulov in the first game was pretty impressive, but he is making it happen by himself. I'll take a Forsberg any day, and all that he brings to the ice and how he makes the team better.

Now - all that said, I hope he gets the flu and cant play Friday.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote