Old
04-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by london ranger View Post

From what I saw in Dupuis in Game 1 (and I have observed him with Wild before)
he would be have been an asset for us in the play offs. I certainly believe that he
would have brought us more short term (this season) than Callahan.

dupuis played 5/6 season's under Lemaire who I hold in high esteem. A player who lasts that long in Lemaire's team is
not a waste. If he didn't fit into OUR gameplan why did we take him in in the first place. Just to get rid of Hall????
This isn't about Dupuis and his value as a player, it's about a decision the Rangers made in thinking Dupuis is most certainly not in their plan. They didn't mean to trade him, but got a chance to get Bourret who according to some they really wanted in the draft, and they pushed the trigger on it.

Trading him for Hall was to get rid of a disappointing player, and get a good PKer while Shanahan was injured.

All in all, I disagree that Dupuis would have been better than Callahan for the Rangers. Ryan is getting valuable experience for next season while playing awesome. Dupuis on the other hand might have played just as good or better, but then he'd be gone, and Ryan would only then be starting to get his experience.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote