View Single Post
Old
04-16-2007, 12:08 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Frustrating part about all of this is that I felt that Schubert's hit on Scuderi in Game 3 of the Pens/Sens series was a fair bit more dangerous than Radulov's hit. There was significantly more speed involved, and Schubert, in the replays I saw, seemed to make contact with Scuderi's head, bouncing it off the glass very hard. At least Radu can make the claim that it wasn't all that obvious that Bernier was off balance, further increasing the danger of impact.

The NHL really has no clue how to stop hits from behind for this very reason. Schubert probably won't receive a suspension and only received 2 minutes in box. And I don't think his opponent received a PP because they jumped Schubert afterwards. The message the NHL sends is that it is a veritable crapshoot. It's ok to take liberties with players against the boards because there's a good chance nothing major will be called, especially if there is no injury.
To be fair, if Therrien had gone to the media with plaintive, tear-filled doe eyes...cried that the only way the Sens could beat the Pens was through cheapshots and thuggery..then who knows. You better believe Wilson's posturing had an affect on the sentence.

If Therrien knew how to play the game, he would have gone right to the media to bemoan Scuderi's life threatening injuries..and when the verdict he sought was levied, Scuderi could spring back to health in miracle fashion.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote