View Single Post
Old
04-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Olaf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
But again, its not reasonable to presume that Chechoo or Bernier were laying on the ice to dress up an injury so as to get a Pred suspended, or that there is a League conspiracy so the Preds will lose and move to KC, or a directive from RW, or any such conspiracy. Neither player came back to the ice. They were unable to play. And specifically to that point - there is nobody in the press who questions Cheechoo or Berniers conditions. Why? Name any NHL'er that would lay on the ice and feign a serious injury, then not come back to play in the playoffs if they really could play? NHL players will play hurt. Cheechoo played about 50% in game 2. He played hurt. There was no miraculous recovery.

Think of it this way, do you honestly believe if the roles were reversed that Kairya would pretend he was more hurt than he was, so Clowe would get ejected? Its a bad trade. Karyia is one of the teams best players and he is a tough player too. He would let his own teammates down to not be on the ice. In the case of the Hartnell incident, you think Cheechoo as the teams top scorer, would lay on the trainers table with the game in OT? These guys are too accountable to each other to even consider that behavior.
I don't suspect Cheechoo or Bernier would embellish more serious injury.....just like I think it is asinine that people suspect Trotz has somehow gone Charlie Manson and is sending his players on head hunting missions during the game (much less 2 of his better players). I do think Ron Wilson's incessant whining after the games have overly dramatized what the true injuries are and the extent of the hits during the series....he has gotten about every advantage as far as punishment it would seem...and yet he is still whining. Maybe it is a ploy to fire up his team..

And didn't Cheechoo want to come back in the game after his hit?

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote