View Single Post
Old
04-17-2007, 01:41 PM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
I dont think the situation is as dire as some predict, but make no mistake, in today's salary cap world, teams only get a few chances to load up like we have and make a run at a cup.

Frankly, it doesnt matter who you run up against in the first round - for a team with this collection of talent to fizzle again in the first round is inexcusable and a major, major disappointment.

Nashville's hockey market might be in its infancy and unsophisicated, but we know underachievement when we see it. And with the recent ticket price increases, if i'm going to pay the prices of a team challenging for the cup, a legacy of first round upsets is not what I want to see.

I remain optimisitic - I think that up until last night, we were the better team on 5 on 5. We have the better goaltender, and certainly guys like Arnott and Kariya cant be invisible forever, right?

I could stomach losing in '04 - we were new. I could take it last year - we had lost of injuries. There's no reason to not make it out of the first round this year.

And its kind of ironic that everyone has "no excuses" in thier avatar, and then lists 3 paragraphs of excuses.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote