View Single Post
Old
02-20-2004, 01:42 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Leafs have a reported weak defense and to add Gonchar you suggest they trade 3 of them ... while Kwiatkowski is more of an AHL player than an NHLer...
actually all i was doing was creating a scenario where aki berg would be in the trade.

look at what you posted...the leafs have a weak defense. cola is not developed enough to even be a role player on that weak defense. thats not a good selling point for the caps to trade of the best offensive defenseman in the NHL for a guy that can't crack a weak defense.

so...i can't see the caps trading gonchar for cola and a pick. that kind of deal makes eminger or cola a top pair defenseman. so, if cola is not ready for 3rd pair on a weak leafs defense, he will be ready for first pair on another team.

the source quoted in the post said a package of established players and top prospects...thats plural. that sounds like 3 or 4 players, none of which are marginal players or marginal prospects. I expect that more than gonchar would be going the other way.

i am actually not suggesting a trade with toronto. i dont think they are good trading partners. the capitals need a couple of young defensemen developed enough that they are not over their head playing 20:00 a night in the NHL.

I am not sure that Toronto has that to offer.