View Single Post
Old
04-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
well Im sure that was nice, but unless Eric can score some goals or defend Marleau, he is not useful to us right now.

Give me Abid!
I can understand where your frustration comes from, but to nullify/overlook the work that Hoffenberg has done with the team and the impact of it...I think is pretty bad. The reason I mentioned Hoffenberg in the first place was to explain my thinking of why Hordichuk was in the lineup as opposed to Abid.

The "team" for this playoff run has been established. Sure, if we go deep in the playoffs we are bound to need to call up players to augment that "team", but I think giving Darcy an opportunity to contribute after the first two games and with him being part of that "team" probably played a factor in not calling up Ramzi Abid for the game (I mean come on...it's Ramzi Abid...not some hot-shot prospect eager for his chance or an NHL veteran playing out his contract in the AHL).

Hindsight is certainly 20/20, but I cannot disagree with the decision to add Hordichuk to the lineup last night. If we had won the game and he only played 2 minutes...no one would have cared. However, because we lost the game...it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

With Erat injured and Sully not on the trip (and no folks...he isn't going to fly out there today to play tomorrow), I fully expect Ramzi Abid to be recalled. Hopefully he drops the gloves on his first shift and gets fired up for the game because he has shown that's his MO for playing an impact game.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote