View Single Post
Old
02-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Kyonn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplush76
I'm not really too familiar with Zhamnov, could someone give me some info on him as a player? What is he going to bring to the team?

I've seen that in the past 3 years the most he's had is 22 goals.. wasn't real impressed with that.
I used to be a big Zhamnov fan and really like this deal for the Flyers, most people seem to forget that the year Lindros won the MVP Zhamnov was second team all NHL and centered the second best line in hockey(the Olympic line), he actually scored more goal than Lindros or Leclair that year. Zhamnov is a great complementary player who feeds off the guys around him, but he's not a leach he's the type of guy who make every one around him better offensively but is not necessary the kind of guy who can do it all on his own. Zhamnov automatically becomes the Flyers best play maker and I would love to see him paired with the suddenly hot Leclair. I wouldn't mind seeing him resigned 'cause he's far better suited for second line center duty that either Handzus or Primeau.