View Single Post
Old
02-20-2004, 08:13 PM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I'd prefer Hainsey over Bouillon, but that's just me. Don't know if he's ready, but I'm not a big Bouillon fan (no pun intent) with either Quintal or Bouillon as the 7th.

I think it is important for Gainey to make a firm stand with Hainsey. I think Gainey will keep Hainsey in Hamilton as long as Hainsey retains his poor attitude. It looks as though Hainsey and Hossa have both put themselves in Gainey's doghouse by showing very low levels of professionalism. In Hainsey's case it is his attitude and in Hossa's case it was his work ethic that being said I beleive Gainey is a fair person and will give both of these guys a fair shot next season but if they come to camp next season dragging their butts or whining then they will have another long season of bus rides to look forward to. Gainey reminds me of the old hardened cowboy who is trying to break a couple of unruly stallions. If he succeeds then we could end up with a couple of fine young players who could be integral parts of a future championship calibre squad.