View Single Post
Old
02-20-2004, 07:16 PM
tritone

vCash: 500
Sentimental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac
Well, it's February 20th today. Maybe it could be in the works by tomorrow's game cause if you see that Boughner got traded to Colorado, it means that the Canes are either moving/acquiring a defenseman or two. My trade proposal is so sweet, I only wish it was the real trade is like. O'Neil could flourish with us, Gauthier is a great hitter- hell, you saw that last night as he made Ward his ****** all night long. And a 2nd rounder to boot. That's giving up Hainsey, Sundstrom, Quintal, Dykhuis and a 4th rounder. Hmm, maybe Hossa will have to be added to make it getting fair value in return for what we get. Oh well, we'll stay tuned. A trade of this kind won't mess up team chemistry THAT much; getting rid of a prospect or two, a pick, Q who is not exactly instrumental to our defensive success anymore, minor-leaguer Dykhuis and 3rd liner Sundstrom who can be replaced in the not-so-distant future (we have guys in the minors like Plekanec, Higgins, Gratton who are good for a 3rd line role).
As slow as Quintal has gotten , I'd like to see him finish the season (his last) in Mtl. But this trade makes me question myself. Loved thinking Gauthier would hit for the Habs , Souray, Komi, Gauthier...some nice muscle happening,