Thread: Shanny
View Single Post
Old
04-19-2007, 05:57 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Three goals in four games...one, a game-winner, another, the game-tying goal in the first round clincher...not bad for an old guy, who his critics have said is done.

I know there are a few of you out there who, like myself, have wished to see these kind of moments from him in a Ranger uniform for over 13 years. Last night, he did what big time players do...score big goals in big spots. I don't care if he's 38 and past his prime. I love having this guy finish his career as a Ranger.

And, yes, I want him back for another year.
After only getting 3 goals in his last 22 PO's games with Detroit, I was a bit worried that he wouldn't be the veteran presence in the PO's we expected him to be.

In game 1, were he in all honesty didn't contribute much at all on the ice, played pretty much like Ortmayer type of hockey -- all defense, he still IMO played a big part in the win. He started japping like I haven't seen him all season. He stood up for Avery when he was run. After every whistle he went after Trashers towards their bench and yapped, he went after the reffs.

He got himself involved dooing that. And I also got the feeling that really took of some pressure of the team. Made them no think about ATL scoring, but focusing on what went-on on the ice.

Now he have started to get involved offensivly, finding open ice and taking advantage of that.

Still no matter not, Shanny is a player that you can count on to help out in some way or form.

I have no concerns anymore!

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote