Thread: Phi La PROPOSAL
View Single Post
Old
04-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Wachovia Center

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Wachovia Center Send a message via Yahoo to Wachovia Center
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole View Post
to LA: 2nd overall
to PHI: Scott Parse, Richard, Petiot, and Lauri Tukonen

A lot of good prospects for 1 very good one. The Flyers have a pretty bad prospect pool and this stuffs their cupboard pretty good. Tukonen is a 2nd line to amazing third line winger, Parse is a sniper who just graduated, and Petiot is a meat and potatoes 4-5 Defenseman. The only reason LA does this trade is they have too mny good prospects in this age group and they can't develop them all. Philly is also going to be in the running for a lottery pick for the next couple of years. This just sets them up for 3-4 years down the road.

In todays NHL depth is more important than anything. Coburn and Petiot give the Flyers 2 more good young D-men to go along with Pitkanen! Tukonen and Parse are two guys that are ready for the NHL jump. Parse is the real centerpiece of this deal and is just a victim of the numbers game in LA.
lol @ the bolded part...

While Tukonen and Parse sound good, I'd much rather have the #2. While this years draft isn't as good as others, there are still some quality players available. Besides, we have enough wingers in our system with Nodl, Giroux, and Downie, we don't need two more.

I have no interest in Petiot. It sounds weird to say this, but our defense is a little clogged up now, with guys like Hatcher, Gauthier, Kukkonen, Pitkanen, and Coburn, and other guys like Picard, Jones, and probably Parent next year all fighting for a spot on the blueline, it leaves little to no room for Petiot.

Like I said we don't need more prospects, the #2 will do us a lot better, and if we are trading it we're trading for a #1 center or a #1 d-man, not prospects.

Wachovia Center is offline   Reply With Quote