View Single Post
Old
02-21-2004, 08:34 AM
The Seeker 25

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPFly
Down 3 of your top players, team not playing well, up against a hot team. Perfect time for a "prime time" #1 goalie to step up and steal some points. Hum.... Is he or isn't he?
Keep your fingers crossed that Esche comes back soon. The majority of us on here moaned when Hackett was signed over the summer, with the anticipation of the obvious scenarios of what was to come...and it unfortunately did.

I don't see that much of an improvement with Burke over Hack...and most of us on here were not wanting to see him come here in a deal. He was horrible the last time here, and I don't think he's like a fine wine and improved with age. The only POSSIBLE advantage here is the friendship between Esche and Burke. Maybe Clarke knew that and figured after Burke sucked again this time, he could have his good friend tell him he's being let go by the team, and not have to do it himself. But Burke has been put into the perfect situation to show his worth and show he can "steal" games for the team...and in my view, he's come up extremely small.

These two moves for the goal were like putting a bandaid on a compound fracture. I'm hoping Nitty is the real deal and we'll have that great young goaltender to build the team around for the future. The crease has been ignored long enough and we've had enough of these clowns come in to try and be a fix. The time is long overdue for a REAL solution.