View Single Post
Old
02-21-2004, 08:15 AM
The Seeker 25

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
An article on TSN.ca

Roenick needs more tests

PHILADELPHIA (CP) -- Flyers centre Jeremy Roenick says his recovery from a severe concussion suffered last week is not going well at all.

The 34-year-old star says that a neurologist has advised him to get an MRI exam on his brain stem, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports. He remains with his family at their summer home outside Phoenix in Paradise Valley, Ariz. When he is physically able to leave their house, his wife Tracy does most of the driving.

"I'm not feeling any better. In fact, I feel worse," Roenick told the Inquirer. "One day to the next, it's the same. I just don't feel any better. My head is playing games with me. I don't have any energy."

Because of his uncertain status, the Flyers traded for Chicago centre Alexei Zhamnov on Thursday night.

Roenick underwent an evaluation this week at the Barrow Neurological Institute of St. Joseph's Hospital in Phoenix.

"They want me to have an MRI on my brain stem," Roenick said. "They think something has happened back there and it's affecting me right now. They think it's tied to my equilibrium being out of whack and my eyesight."

Roenick said he failed a test in which he was asked to follow an object as it moved across his field of vision.

"When I tried to follow it, they said my eyes got all jumpy," he said.

Roenick is contemplating retirement after suffering his ninth career concussion.