View Single Post
Old
04-20-2007, 02:40 PM
handtrick

vCash: 500
But any winning, proven coach brings in his systems....and just doesn't change everything he has won with, to our group of guys right off the bat.
A transition time has to be expected to develop his "typical" results....you can't expect that to happen right off the bat.

As far as Detroit, that is a bad analogy in my mind....they have a proven puck control system that works...we have no such animal.

We have a speed team, with undersized puck moving defensemen....short of gutting the team...that is what we are going to have unless a major overall is enacted.
Legwand, Sully, Erat, Radulov, Dumont, Arnott, Tootoo are signed on the front line.
Weber, Suter, Zids, and Hamhuis are signed on the back line.
Making a significant change and additions to that core any time soon is going to be extremely expensive through free agency.

I am not saying that a coaching change is not warranted, but any of you that think that we are just going to sail on deep into the Playoffs next year with a major coaching regime change and all the change in systems, chemistry, and organizational upheaval that all that entails are being naive. It is certainly not a given for that to happen.

On the other hand, if "the room" feels that Trotz and the whole coaching staff is the reason that they aren't succeeding in the Playoffs....then a total regime change is necessary.
I don't think the verdict is in yet on that question, though.

Last edited by handtrick: 04-20-2007 at 02:48 PM.
handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote