View Single Post
Old
02-21-2004, 12:16 PM
habitual_hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleur10
....there is one wild card, and it is Saku Koivu. While he shows flashes of brilliance, he has had at best an average year, in addition to showing attitude problems not expected of a captain in the face of the progression of understudy Mike Ribeiro. If another team, desiring to alter their own mix, were to offer an existing or potential soon-to-arrive Power Forward in a package for Saku, I wonder if Habs would consider it, which might also shed the small-team image and reality which will continue as long as our first 2 lines are centered by Saku and Ribs…
To paraphrase another poster's comments about the Koivu-Ribeiro incident:

Koivu gets testy with the reigning prima donna of the Habs during an intense practice session and the Habs go on the next day to play one of their best games of the year against a decent team, scoring 3 goals against one of the better goalies in the league. From my perspective I'd say Koivu challenged all Habs' players to raise their level of their play - the actions of a captain with attitude problems? The proof is in the pudding so let's see what happens this evening.