View Single Post
Old
04-21-2007, 08:18 AM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Maybe i'm in the minority here, but I'd be pretty happy with Legwand and Arnott as the #1 and #2 centers.

So, instead of throwing the cash at Gomez/Briere, why not go after a guy like Belanger. Atlanta is my second favorite team so I've seen him a bit since he became a Thrasher, and I think this guy would be a good fit as the #3 center, he skates like the wind and plays a style that would fit here. And come cheap enough to allow us to put the money elsewhere. Think Scott Nichol with better skills and more discipline.

IMHO, the greatest need is #1 a veteran defenseman, preferably a big nasty one. The kids did alright, but they dont know how to buckle down and play the defensive style that you need to go with to win in crunch time. The inability to secure the puck in the defending zone and transition to breakout did us in as much as anything this series, and everytime I saw another behind the back, back hand behind the net pass that ended up in a Shark-Pred battle along the boards instead of a breakout, I wanted to put my foot through the TV.

#1. I'd say bye to Kariya, Timonen, and Forsberg (i'd like to see him back, but dont see it happening).

#2. Pay Hartnell what it takes. Young power forwards who play the game like him dont come around very often, and here we have a homegrown fan favorite. If you dont pony up the cash now what happens when Rads or Weber are up for contracts.

#3. Sign a veteran #1 d-man.

#4. Sign a center for the 3rd line.

Oh, and yeah, maybe get a new coach and see if there's any freakin way possible we can get Mike Grier in a Predator uniform. Ill gladly sign over any unborn children I may have in the future if it would help.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote