View Single Post
Old
02-21-2004, 03:06 PM
habsfansam

vCash: 500
actually, this trade is the funniest thing i've seen in a while and yet another reason to doubt that Pierre Lacroix has any clue when it comes to his development system in colorado... Sauer was drafted by Colorado in the 3rd round in 2000 (88th overall), only not to be signed by Colorado two years later. Anaheim picks him up as a free agent on June, 6 2002 only to trade him and a 4th rounder for Skoula, one of Colorado's 1st rounders in 1998 and a guy with considerably more upside than Sauer could ever aspire to...

Obviously some guys have their strong suits, but Lacroix could be taken by a 3-year-old in a prospect/young player trade. I'd put money on Jonas Johansson simply BECAUSE Lacroix traded him away! Good job Washington...

I say all this because it is simply too bad that we didn't give the guy a serious shot... Skoula's been on the market all season long, and while he hasn't played spectacularly, he's young, skilled, and big and more of a headcase than anything. Certainly nothing that Claude Julien, and Rick Green can't handle... especially if they can deal with Ribiero and his mental baggage.

I wonder who else we might go for if top teams are willing to part with young skilled players to get that one extra veteran on their rosters for the playoffs... if we aren't going to win it, send a bunch of kids who will play their hearts out rather than their tired backs?? Good luck to BG in the coming weeks.