View Single Post
Old
02-21-2004, 11:24 PM
thedjpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
With the prices of tickets, the fans can boo all they want. We know that they're a depleted team right now, but that doesn't excuse them from playing like crap out there. Fans can boo who and what they want, and cheer who and want they want, it's part of being a fan, and the coaches and players can shut up and grow some skin.
Sorry, but I disagree here. The logic is flawed.

Fans complain that they have to pay high ticket prices to go see the games, and when they get there, the product isn't great. So they're allowed to boo.

Well, here's and idea folks: If you think the tickets are too high for a poor product, DON'T BUY THEM.

Wow! What a concept!

If the on-ice product isn't something you're happy to see, then don't go to the damn games. You're the ones VOLUNTARILY paying these obscene prices (which obviously aren't that bad as it is, since we sell out almost every game).

Me, the team I support really besides the Flyers are the Blackhawks. But I'm on a mutiny. In fact, I'm going to a game for the first time in 5 years tomorrow, and that's only because my friend wants to see an NHL game live before the lockout occurs for fear there may not be a season next year. And you can damn well bet I'm not going to be paying for the $100 seats for a crap game.

The fans know ahead of time what the games are like. Hell, they're all on TV pretty much. Get an idea yourself (although I know it's different live) if you think it's worth it, then buy it. I'm not saying you can't boo or anything, but you put yourself in that position to be disappointed with a product that has a high cost of which you have no obligation to purchase in the first place.