View Single Post
Old
04-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Nitrous Mafia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
But any winning, proven coach brings in his systems....and just doesn't change everything he has won with, to our group of guys right off the bat.
A transition time has to be expected to develop his "typical" results....you can't expect that to happen right off the bat.

As far as Detroit, that is a bad analogy in my mind....they have a proven puck control system that works...we have no such animal.

We have a speed team, with undersized puck moving defensemen....short of gutting the team...that is what we are going to have unless a major overall is enacted.
Legwand, Sully, Erat, Radulov, Dumont, Arnott, Tootoo are signed on the front line.
Weber, Suter, Zids, and Hamhuis are signed on the back line.
Making a significant change and additions to that core any time soon is going to be extremely expensive through free agency.

I am not saying that a coaching change is not warranted, but any of you that think that we are just going to sail on deep into the Playoffs next year with a major coaching regime change and all the change in systems, chemistry, and organizational upheaval that all that entails are being naive. It is certainly not a given for that to happen.

On the other hand, if "the room" feels that Trotz and the whole coaching staff is the reason that they aren't succeeding in the Playoffs....then a total regime change is necessary.
I don't think the verdict is in yet on that question, though.

New Jersey???

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote