View Single Post
Old
02-21-2004, 11:31 PM
Gert B Frobe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles
This was in today's (Saturday's) New York Post/Larry Brooks' column (I put the full story on the trade rumor hockey board):

Meanwhile, Holik has come under heavy criticism from Canadian commentators the last week over his refusal to fight Donald Brashear in the final minutes of last Saturday's game in Philadelphia. The enforcer stalked Holik in an attempt to gain retribution for the Ranger center's collision two nights earlier with Keith Primeau that concussed the Flyer center. When Holik refused to take the bait from Brashear, a brawl involving Chris Simon that spilled over to include Jamie Lundmark and Danny Markov ensued. "Why would I allow Brashear to dictate the way I play my game?" Holik said. "I felt no obligation to drop my gloves just because Donald Brashear decided I should. That is not my game. I don't think any of my teammates had an issue with what I did. "To me, the ultimate payback, if that's what you want to call it, is winning the game. You win and you've hurt your opponent. That is my opinion. I'm not going to fight because someone else thinks I should."

Holik won't fight anybody- ever. The reason he won't- because he doesn't know how- didn't learn how when he was young and is afraid of getting tuned up. Brashear is the last guy in the league he'd even dream of fighting. Maybe he'd fight Martin St. Louis or Theo Fleury while drunk- or maybe if Gretzky came out of retirement....