Thread: Predators
View Single Post
Old
02-21-2004, 11:57 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
The more I think about it, I think that we're going to have a tough time acquiring a "big, tough, expirenced defenseman" at this point.

There are just so many teams looking for the same thing. To get what we're truely looking for (Carney, Smith), we're going to have to offer stuff we probably can't afford to give up.

I like the idea of Gauthier, but Calgary isn't going to trade him to us right now unless we massively overpay. I don't see us working as trading partners at all right now.

I see us picking up someone like Lyle Odelien or maybe Mironov, if we're desperate.

I certainly like the idea of Kovalev in Nashville, but I think it'll be a long shot given the kind of money he'll probably make (5+ million). I think our biggest concern (now and in the future) is the center position. Our real keepers are on the wings-- Walker, Sullivan (hopefully), Erat, Hartnell, Orszagh, Hall, Tootoo, and prospects Upshall and Shishkanov. I'm not sure how Kovalev would fit in there, especially considering his price. Can he play center? That would be ideal.