View Single Post
Old
04-24-2007, 07:22 AM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Well, well, well.....I see the "Fire Trotz" crowd is whipping it into a full frenzy around here.....doesn't surprise me at all.
Seems the players [what do they know?] don't share the same sentiment:

I think guys respect him and guys play hard for him," Predators Captain Kimmo Timonen said. "He's a genuinely very nice man, and that goes a long ways because it is such a cut-throat business.

"You need to win, you want to win, and it's very stressful. Every single day you need to put up points and you have to show something. We got 110 points during the season, and that doesn't happen by accident. It's really out of my control, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stays here."

"You look at his winning percentage over the last three years, and it's right up there with the great coaches of this league," Predators forward Scott Nichol said. "We play hard, and he gets things done. I am not the owner or the GM, but they have to be happy with what we have accomplished even though we haven't gone on in the playoffs."

"(The coach is) the first guy to be blamed every time there is not success," Predators forward J.P. Dumont said. "Everybody says it is easier to change one guy than 20. That's the way that every sport looks at it, but as much as coaches get guys ready, if we don't do it on the ice, a coach can't do anything about that."

"He shouldn't take the brunt of it, absolutely not," said Sullivan, who was one of several injured Predators to miss some or all of the playoffs. "I think we all failed. You know what I mean?"

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....704240359/1028

Kariya, the first big-name free agent to sign with Nashville in 2005, said Trotz has been one of his best coaches and deserved to return for a ninth season.

"You can argue the team has overachieved. That's in large part to his job as coach. He's done a terrific job here," Kariya said. "He's the last person that should be blamed for the way things have gone."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...114765-ap.html

____

But hey....what do the players and Leipold know anyway.......

Did you expect them to say any different?

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote