Old
02-22-2004, 09:06 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
I would add Poti to that list

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
I'm assuming we would all be happy if almost all the deadwood got shipped out, but what is the fewest number of players you need to have moved in order to call this a successful trade deadline?

Nedved
Kovalev
Mironov

If these three are dealt, the team should get enough in return for me to be satisfied. Icing on the cake would see the following go (in no particular order):

Messier (no chance)
Lindros (He says he wants to play again this season. Would TO make a deal predicated entirely on picks for conditions met?)
Malakhov
Simon
Rucinsky
To me, the top three assets Sather has are Kovalev, Poti and Nedved. Kovalev should net either a top prospect or quality young player and at least a #2 pick, if not a #1. Poti should bring back a top prospect or a quality young player. Nedved should bring back something along the lines of what Zhamnov brought back. After that, I'd like to see a deal with Ottawa involving Simon and Rachunek.

The rest I see as follows:

Rucinsky - a #3 pick (I'd target STL)
Mironov - a #4 pick (similar to the Weinrich trade)
Malakhov - perhaps a #5 pick?? (maybe that's a stretch)
Lindros - look to both TOR and DET, most likely a deal involving conditional draft picks
Messier - I have no clue

IMO, I don't see a need to make a deal involving Leetch, unless a team bowls us over. My defense next year is constrcted of Leetch, DeVries, Kasparitis, Tjutin, Rachunek, and, either a young player acquired at the deadline (Jillson, perhaps) or, if he's ready, Lampman. Lundmark should get second line minutes. Holik centers a checking line with Ortmeyer and possibly Garth Murray. Dom Moore and Chad Wiseman also get legitimate chances to make the team. And, this team falls into the top five of the draft and takes either the best forward available, or a potential top two d-man.