View Single Post
Old
02-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Dr Love

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
So you're saying that people should sit back in a vegetable like stupor, drool all over themselves and be giddy about a team that's not living up to their price tag? 4.5 million Mr. Burke. Is that 1 million for every goal he allows each game, just curious? I'd give anything to go into a different dimension where maybe you're a rangers fan and listen to what type of excuses you make for them. Granted, the Flyers aren't underachieving anywhere near as much as the Rangers, but with the teams the Flyers have had that are supposedly "cup contenders" every year, first and second round exits aren't going to keep the fans very happy.

I think someone mentioned it before also, we've had defensive lapses like this before, and non of those lead to 18 goals in 4 games.
That's not what he's saying. He was talking about the contingent of Philly fans that will boo about anything and everything. You obviously missed or skipped over this part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
I look through this thread, and I see many people who are rather objective members of this forum and don't often jump on this bandwagon, so I suppose that's nothing more than a difference of opinion. They just think it's time to boo. Fair enough.