View Single Post
Old
02-22-2004, 06:40 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
The fans didn't want Burke, as of right now, he's a sieve. I'd rather have gone with Niitty/Little until Esche came back (even though I'm not a huge fan of Esche, I do like Esche more than Burke, because with Burke it's the same old story, I'll give Esche the chance to stink it up before I completely write him off.)

I really hope the team turns around when the playoffs are upon us, I'm not looking forward to a long summer again.
Exactly.

You expect us to let Sean Burke off easy. Round one didn't work, round two is looking worse. We gave up, IMO, one of the premier young centermen in the laegue for this guy and are getting punished. My patience is wearing incredibly thin, another 3+ goal game and this board will be an ugly place.

Robert Esche is a good goalie. I think he was having a decent performance in his first half-season as "the guy". He tries his hardest, wins a few games by himself, but he loses a few by letting in some shabby goals. He's not exactly Conn Smythe material but he's not fueled by the hype which is trying to make us believe that he's much better than he is, like with Burke