View Single Post
Old
02-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Patty Roy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet
For the most part it seems like you and I were on the same page with guys that we wanted Montreal to draft. I was also drooling over Doan and Zubrus but we never had a chance to draft them. Another guy who I was very high on that was drafted before we had a chance at him was Josh Holden but today I can say that I am happy that he was gone when our turn came.
I started following the draft in 1990, but with the high pick in 1994, that was really the first year that i followed the draft and had a clearcut favorite. After watching the Memorial Cup, i really wanted Doan...the guy was a horse for that team, and IMO was far more impressive than Iginla at the same age. While Doan rose up the charts as the draft approached, i was still convinced he was going to be there for the Habs. I was completely shocked when the Jets picked him.

Zubrus i wasn't quite as sold on, but with that draft looked absolutely brutal and i figured the Habs should role the dice and go for the home run pick. Instead they picked about as "safe" a pick as you can have, and he still completely tanked!