View Single Post
Old
04-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
What I look for in Jamal Mayers is not regular season goal scoring. I simply don't care if he scores 8 goals on the season or 17. It is one of those things that does not matter. At all. I have never understood the point of the arguments that focus on this subject. What does either conclusion have to do with winning the Cup? Seriously, why does this matter? If getting into the playoffs depends on that tiny increment (averaged out to one goal every 9 games and assumes equal ice time), then the team is too fragile anyway.

I care that in a western Conference Final series against Colorado, the guy comes through in the clutch. His whole style of play screams "kind of role player a Cup winner needs to have." That's what I care about. And that is why teams wanted him at the deadline.
I never intended the post to mean that his scoring 50% more goals would bring The Stanley Cup to St. Louis. And I DID mention above that if he does so based on increased playing time it would be indicative of a weak Blues forward corps.

I was merely happy for him that he played well and got some recognition for it on the international stage. Sorry that I'm causing wasted space and time here.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote