02-23-2004, 09:03 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
My predictions:

To NYR: Marginal Prospect/4th round pick
To Buffalo: Mironov

A cheap risk/reward. Mironov can play in the top 4, but a big risk attitude wise. If he's a problem, put him on waivers or send him to rochester.

Now, the Biron for Salo+ deal is pure genius. But, I don't see Buffalo doing this deal, simply because Regier is pretty much set in goal.

However, I do see a deal for Smith....
To Edmonton: McKee
To Buffalo: Smith and Isbister

Now, Buffalo has their Big Physical Right sided D-man....Now they need to replace McKee. Ibister gives them a good 3rd line winger to play with Roy and Pyatt

To Anaheim: Afinogenov
To Buffalo: Carney

The completed lineup....

Zhitnik-Kalinin
Smith-Carney
Tallinder-Mironov/Patrick

Tallinder-Mironov has the potential to really provide an amazing 3rd pairing while Carney-Smith could a great shutdown tandem. The biggest problem with the deals is that Buffalo adds quite a bit of salary on the blueline: Carney adds 1.3 total, Smith and Isbister adds 2.5 total (next year). Now, trade Brown to the Cancucks for a pick and get rid of Delmore, you can shave down the total additions to around 1.2, which is reasonable. Mironov is a pure rental and Buffalo can probably talk the NYR into picking up the remaining amount of Salary (around .5 this season)