View Single Post
Old
02-23-2004, 05:55 PM
JCProdigy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
And then there Leetch..Personally, I trade him yesterday for the right deal..ANd I think there might be good deal out there for him with the Rangers bringing back two young players that are ready to play..Do it...He ain't gonna be part of no rebuilding here, and if we do get better, it won't be before he retires..Business is business..Trade him..
I'm sorry, but business is not business. In my mind nothing can be further from the truth. that's the way this team has been treating its existence anyways. I'm first and foremost a fan and sometimes rational doesn't play into the thought process. I don't want Leetch gone, not unless the Rangers get something fantastic back and even then I'd still be sad. There are a couple all-time ranger stats and personal stats that leetch is close to. ie Games played, Points, 1000 points and I want to see him do it all as a Ranger. At this point, it may be the only reason to be a fan of this god aweful team.

What I don't understand is that in this day and age where all you hear from fans is how athletes are mercenaries and don't have any pride or allegiance to any organization, alot of us are real quick to get rid of a guy that has been the epitomy of what this team should be. I think that's quite hypocritical and Leetch deserves better then that from all of us.

Last edited by JCProdigy: 02-23-2004 at 06:01 PM.